Skip navigation |


Recovery watch

Treatment and recovery in a new environment

Recovery Watch logo Recovery Partnership Logo

Tell us what is happening in your area

DrugScope is monitoring, for the Recovery Partnership, developments for drug and alcohol services in light of significant changes for the sector and related services.

We want to hear from you about your experience of what is happening locally (positive or negative) in providing drug and alcohol services and supporting people in recovery (see below, on how to get in touch).

Since April, local authorities in England have responsibility for the commissioning and funding of drug and alcohol services (for adults and young people) as part of the new public health system. Health and Wellbeing Boards will oversee local strategy and planning, with Directors of Public Health having a key role.

Also, Police and Crime Commissioners have responsibility for budgets which include previous funding for the Drug Intervention Programme. NHS England oversees the provision of treatment in prisons.

Other issues and developments also have relevance for drug and alcohol services, service users and people in recovery, including changes to the benefit system, the Work Programme, Supporting People funding, and so on.

Whatever your role - e.g., as a drugs or alcohol worker, chief executive, GP, commissioner, service user, local councillor - your experience and local knowledge (the 'eyes and ears on the ground') does count.

All responses received will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Get in touch

Over the coming weeks and months we will continue to invite feedback and responses on specific issues, as or when they emerge. Later this year we will be publishing the findings from our recent 'State of the Sector' survey. But we are also inviting open feedback and information - if it matters to you, it is relevant for us. For example:

  • Are you experiencing problems with the new local authority led public health system - e.g., delays in confirming funding or contracts?
  • Is there talk or evidence of funding cuts in drug and alcohol services?
  • Are there positive changes in local commissioning and partnership working?
  • Is your Police and Crime Commissioner addressing drug and alcohol issues?

How to get in touch

  • Email us at:
  • Telephone us on: 020 7234 9730
  • Write to: Chief Executive, DrugScope, Asra House, I Long Lane, London, SE1 4PG; fax: 020 7234 9773

Please give us as much information as you can.
Thank you.

Recovery Partnership logos

Related Links